Ek Ong Kar Sat Naam Siri Wahe Guru

Ek Ong Kar Sat Naam Siri Wahe Guru...the Ashtang Mantra

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Hope For the Flowers"

A new day, and a borrowed copy of the Guru Granth Sahib, with light visibly pouring forth from it, are healing my heart. In my notebook I have written the words:

"Hearing the Shabd Guru builds the knowledge within yourself. You might wish for someone like Yogi Bhajan to tell you what to do, but you already know it within you. You don't need to tell your stories...it is just garbage to be released.

~ Keep an altar to 'alter' yourself."

The act of worship keeps the adolescent (Shakti Pad) on the right path, when it is so easy to mistake one's ego for the voice of God or Guru. This is WHY I did not want to leave Sri Tirath Ashram without a copy of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. It keeps me humble. It is obvious when reading it that I have done nothing purely on my own. But chanting Sanskrit and Gurmukhi mantra help with that too...no matter how much Sat Inder Singh thinks I should stop chanting so much. He is wrong. The chanting and the reading and the physical yoga heal not only my body, but my ego.

"Always try to increase Simran. It is always about meditating on the Nam. The path is difficult and you may falter, but remember Seva ~ selfless service."

So I read the Guru for Kyle this morning. I called and spoke to him. I continue to sing the So Purkh for my father, for Sat Inder and for Joe. I did my own practices too, to keep the oxygen mask on myself. Doing Laya Yoga with the Ashtang mantra for 31 minutes a day continues to be a healing balm for the junk released from Bound Lotus.

"When chanting, austere meditation and self-discipline become your protectors. Then the lotus blossoms forth, and the honey trickles out."
~ Guru Nanak Dev Ji

I, and everyone else, are like flowers to the sun.

As I left to sub a Yin Yoga class tonight, I asked for God's grace. I received it. The class was inspired. I let the poses flow where they needed to go...I read from Clark Strand's "Seeds From A Birch Tree", from the chapter on daisies. He quotes from Zen Master Soen Roshi's beautiful haiku:

Hana no yo no
Hana no yoh naru
Hito bakari

"All beings are blossoms
blossoming
in a blossoming universe."

We are like the butterflies in "Hope For the Flowers".

No comments:

Post a Comment