...with my kirpan, and a lion of a man at my side, is what my soul aspires to. Some days my mind has other plans. Today I feel on track. My grace, my radiance builds through the daily reading of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, through meditation, through love, through the sangat of friends and teachers, and sometimes just from sheer Grace. It is said that if a woman practices Grace of God meditation for a year, her aura will become tipped with gold or silver. That, for some odd reason, makes me think of Anne McCaffrey's fire lizards. And then I realize that Menolly was working on her 10 Bodies. She had impressed 9 fire lizard hatchlings, and they hovered around her radiant body, feeding her radiant body with energy, while being encompass by it as well.
But I don't have any fire lizards. I do have 10 Bodies, though. And according to Tantric numerology, I need to work on the 9th and the 10th; the Subtle Body and the Radiant Body.
I have felt lucky lately, but not because I deserved it or wanted it. It is partly a gift, and partly due to choices which have allowed me the grace to consume a lot of prana each day through breathing deeply. And I am not averse to giving some other Terran animal a puff off my oxygen tank, but they need to use it to rise to the surface and breathe for themselves...not dissipate my oxygen by getting high off it, and blowing it all out. People who lament how little time they have for spiritual practices need to stop bringing jealousy to bear on others who do them, and start figuring out how to carve time out of their own days to do it. Lots of people don't realize how much time they fritter away with gossip, TV watching, and puttering around. Even for busy entrepreneurs, CEOs, moms, dads, airline pilots and others...time CAN be carved out. If you wish you didn't have the responsibility of a huge business on your shoulders, sell it, or get a partner, and cut your expenditures. If you wish you were single and didn't have kids, well, you have them, so enjoy them, and look for ways to make time.
I have not created a huge business, nor a growing child. That gives me more time to create other things. I don't have time for anyone's wishing and mopping about because they don't have the time I do. I would have liked to have had children at one point, but that isn't now part of my life. I eventually would like a thriving business, but for now I have the time to work on my spiritual growth and physical health. If I don't do these things before midnight every night, then like Cinderella, the party fades for me. I have to Keep Up! So if you've got issues with jealousy, get over it. The time I have is a necessity in my life right now. The things others have in their lives are integral to theirs. Each of us is doing the best we can with what we have. My gift is time. Your gifts are yours.
The ashtang mantra of Laya Yoga was a secretly guarded jewel of the ancient yogis. "This mantra opens the secret book of Laya Yoga...it is the key to the inner doors of naad...it awakens kundalini...it gives intuition and the ability to heal." It will be my practice for 40 days beginning on the birthday of my guru Sri Amritanandamayi Devi, the day before my own birthday, September 28th. This is a practice I chose as part of my KRI Teacher Training.
Ek Ong Kar Sat Naam Siri Wahe Guru
Ek Ong Kar Sat Naam Siri Wahe Guru...the Ashtang Mantra
No comments:
Post a Comment