Ek Ong Kar Sat Naam Siri Wahe Guru

Ek Ong Kar Sat Naam Siri Wahe Guru...the Ashtang Mantra

Monday, November 8, 2010

An Indian Summer Day...

I love the way I feel after doing the Laya Yoga meditation, yet the 40th day was really difficult until the end. I seriously hope the major work is done and these next 50 days will just be to carve it into my psyche in a gentle but lasting way. I don't want to go through any intense misery, deep rage or car accidents on Christmas; on the contrary, I want my Christmas to be peaceful.

Sat Inder Singh and I talked about Christmas in Forest Park today after he taught me the Ashtanga Primary Series. I truly miss the Christmases I had with my family when my mother was alive. Very beautiful and deeply spiritual they were. We lit candles and read from the Bible at dinner every Sunday during Advent. We sang carols at home and door-to-door on Christmas Eve. We went to the candlelight service and also to the Madrigal dinner at UTC complete with a Boar's Head and Wassail to drink and the University Singers singing carols while dressed in Elizabethan garb. We celebrated not only Christmas, but the 12 days of it, and then on the 12th day we celebrated Epiphany~ the day of the Three Wise Men. We opened wooden shoes and drove around to church member's houses to deliver packages of almond pound cake, frankincense and gold chocolate coins. We hung antiphons on the tree based on a Catholic tradition though we weren't Catholic, and talked about many faiths, because, as my father reminded me last night, he and my mother have always believed that there are many ways to reach your true Source.

As I reflected on this while talking to Sat Inder Singh, the light of the setting sun on the most beautiful Indian Summer day I have seen in a while lit up behind him as if his aura were all made of gold. It was very beautiful, and I found myself very grateful once again for his healing touch, kindness, care & love. He has been healing my spine and my heart in ways I'm not even sure he knows he is doing for some time now. He helped me get deeper in Urdhva Dhanurasana and into Bound Lotus. He is truly my best friend. I love him even when he is being a pain, and especially when he is so kind.

I love Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment